Friday, 1 January 2016

Here we go, another end of year blog post after not blogging for months on end.
To be quite honest, I'm not even sure where to begin with 2015.
Stressful... Stressful is probably the main word I'd use to describe the past 12 months. Instead of starting this post on a sour note, I thought I'd write out some of my favourite memories of 2015.


At the start of the year, I had just completed my dissertation at uni and began my 3 month taster into creative chaos. I decided for my final project I wanted to make a book. A real life, opening and closing, glossy paged book, complete with that new book smell.  After weeks of catching trains, messaging strangers on Facebook, working from morning till night in the studio, I did it. I organised models, photographers & makeup artists to meet little old me and help make my goal a reality. I styled, restyled, stuck things, chucked things, winged a lot of things and probably made each model feel slightly uncomfortable in one way or another, but it worked! I don't think I've ever been so bossy and organised in all my life. I also graduated not long after, which is pretty cool.


Most of my favourite memories of 2015 include my favourite people. One of those humans being none other but Christina Louise. My absolute best friend in every single way. (Is this turning into a people appreciation post?) There are no words to even explain what Christina has done for me this year - not only just being my friend, but being there for me mentally and emotionally every single day, too. I'd be lost without this blonde bombshell. Going on long walks, gossiping, drinking countless lattes, mochas, and hot chocolates together, shopping, boogying, shouting, singing, annoying her sister by doing the previous 3, (sorry Manda), eating, drinking - every single memory I can think of has been lovely. I hope 2016 brings us tonnes more adventures together and we can put our wellies on, feed more goats and eat in country pubs even more often. 


After being ill for a substantial amount of this year, after 3 months I got to meet the person I'd been speaking to on Whatsapp each day and night. (I hope your ready to vom in your mouth), Never have I realised how much trust and admiration you could gain for someone you've never met. I continue to refer to Craig as my guardian angel from when times were tough - Whenever it felt there were nobody to talk to, or I was scared and alone in a hospital bed, Craig would always be there on the other end of the phone to cheer me up. He may not realise, but having someone you'd never met at the time, care so much, was a true blessing. Despite PISSING EACH OTHER OFF a decent amount, I've managed to fall in love with a 'chav from Stockwood' ;), and continue to do so with each day that passes. Giving me hope and comfort for the future, from day one <3 (sorry for the Egypt balcony photo, I couldn't resist)

Some others: 
- I graduated university with a 2:1 in Fashion Promotion
- I made new friends
- I've had 3 jobs that have individually taught me various skills
- I went abroad
- I started a journey to wean myself off topical steroids and havent gone back in nearly 10 months
- I gained the label of 'Makeup Artist' and drastically improved my artistry skills
- I've stayed in some fabulous places
- I've visited new places
- I've learnt more about myself

When I look back at everything in summery, I realise how much I've achieved in 2015, and its pretty awesome. Ending the year on a pretty bleak note was a bummer, but I'm trying my very best to feel positive for 2016. When I think about the possibilities and growth in my personal achievements still to come, I feel excited inside. This year has been chaotic - in pretty much every aspect of my life. I've lost a lot of confidence, my organisation skills seem to have been left somewhere in my lecture classroom, and my self esteem is at an all time low. Deep down I know the real me hasn't been shining through the past 12 months like it once did - which is why I'm going to try and make 2016 that little bit better, for myself and everyone else around me. I have some fab people in my life, some exciting opportunities, and for now my health is on my side - time to start making the most of it. May 2016 be the year of positivity, ambition, creativity, drive and new experiences. 

I'd like to wish everyone reading a Happy New Year, and may 2016 be a good one for you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment